How do Green Buildings Save Energy?
Posted On September 24, 2018
First, let’s point out the difference between green buildings and traditional ones which will be the “integration” that means the presence of a specialized team that will be in charge of the building starting from the design phase to the implementation phase while considering the concept of sustainability and improving the performance of the building to be an eco-friendly green building.
Also, The Ministry of Environment has identified the five principles that must be taken into consideration in order to achieve sustainability and the concept of green buildings:
- Maintain the planet and the population general health
- Preserving natural resources such as energy, water, etc
- Achieve the concept of sustainability in such green buildings
- Using the eco-friendly materials in the construction
- Disposing of waste in a way that does not harm the environment
Benefits of Eco-Friendly Green Buildings:
- It provides better air quality as it depends on wind energy, water and solar energy to generate electricity and heat
- It eliminates noise and provides natural lighting
- It recycles water as rainwater and uses it again. It also rationalizes water consumption
- It doesn’t only maintain the ecological balance but also improves the environment that has got harmed in the past
- It uses clean energy in cooling and heating
- It uses filtration to reduce air pollution
After the International Energy Agency (IEA) release, that shows that the current buildings consume 40% of the world's total energy consumption and cause 24% of the global CO2 emissions.
Green Building Standards and Characteristics:
- Regarding the painting, there are environmentally eco-friendly paints that are made of milk
- Recycled glass is used also in tiling bathrooms and kitchens
- The bamboo grass is used for flooring as an alternative to timber to preserve the environment
- Using solar panels to generate electricity
- Using water-saving faucets, energy-saving house appliances and heaters
- Using treated timber in the walls
- As for the insulation process, which is important to save energy, recycled materials such as old blue jeans and fiberglass are used.
The Eco-Friendly Green Buildings are the only solution to a better future in light of the current environmental problems. Therefore, we must do our best to help the environment to regain strength again.